- It acts as an antioxidant and balances the vaginal pH levels.
- It relaxes the central nervous system and decreases hot flashes and night sweats.
- It reduces vaginal dryness.
- It reduces stress levels and enhances the immune system to function more efficiently.
- It increases strength and energy.
- Due to oily, unctuous nature, shatavari balances all the body fluids. It moisturizes the dried-up membranes (inner linings) of various internal organs- mouth, throat, lungs, intestine and vagina- to relive inflammation and irritation.
- Systematic dryness is a symptom of aging process and shatavari counters dryness of the body.
- It nourishes the female reproductive organs and increases libido.
Shatavari is a hormone balancing herb along with potent anti-stress activity. Due to its oily, heavy nature- it nourishes the female reproductive system from inside to relieve menopause symptoms like vagina dryness, hot flashes, depression, memory loss and sleep disorders. Shatavari’s phytoestrogens are used as a natural Hormone Replacement Therapy. Phyto-chemicals are naturally occurring plant chemicals with medicinal benefits- saponins, beta-sitosterol, flavonoids, alkaloids and tannins. These phyto-chemicals have potent hormonal balancing, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
How to take Shatavari for Menopause:
Capsules are a convenient way of consuming shatavari. The optimum dosage is 500-1000 mg per day of shatavari root extracts after the meals. One capsule after breakfast or lunch and another after dinner.
Shatavari is an everyday herbal supplement for women of all ages. It supports a healthy reproductive system, assists in hormonal balance and promotes breast milk supply. Being a natural herb, it takes time to show results. Hence, consume it regularly for several weeks to get significant results.
Although there are no known side effects of Shatavari, it is always better to consult with an expert before taking it.