Fire Cider! I can taste the heat, the sweet, the sour and savory! Easy to make.
Fire cider is said to restore and invigorate one’s system. I believe it’s benefits include boosting energy, warding off colds and flus, easing sinus congestion, lowering blood sugar, curbing cravings, and aiding digestion.
It’s also easy to make!
- 1/2 cup freshly peeled and grated ginger root.
- 1/2 cup freshly grated horseradish root, (I have used 1/4 cup wasabi powder)
- 1 medium onion, chopped.
- 10 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped.
- 2 organic jalapeño peppers, chopped.
- 3” piece of turmeric , chopped or grated
- 1/4 teaspoon organic cayenne powder
- 1 lemon, zest and juice.
- 2 Tablespoons dried rosemary leaves.
- Organic apple cider vinegar (make your own or use Bragg’s)
- Local raw Honey to taste, (I like 1/4 cup per quart)
- Add ginger, horseradish, onion, garlic, jalapeño peppers, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, turmeric and cayenne powder into quart-sized glass jar.
- Pour apple cider vinegar in the jar until all the ingredients are fully covered and the vinegar reaches the top of the jar.
- Place lid on jar, if metal, place parchment paper between the lid and glass.
- Wait 4 weeks, giving it a shake or stir every day or two. Strain in cheesecloth, squeezing the pulp to release and juices. Add honey, mix well bottle. Good for 3-6 months in pantry or a very long time refrigerated.
- Take 1/2- 1 tablespoon a day.
I can’t wait for mine to be ready! I’m over half way there and she’s tasting pretty fiery 😜